Our organization is Karşıyaka Social Resposibility and Science Association.
Karşıyaka Social Resposibility and Science Association is a non-profit organization which was established in 2013 at İzmir/Turkey. The purpose of the association is to contribute to the sustainable development of the North İzmir region. The priority of the association is protection, the protection and dissemination of cultural, scientific and ethical values, that every sector can access equally, fairly and sustainably the basic rights and freedoms of education, work, health and environment. Our main goal to carry out social responsibility and sustainability activities and projects in these issues. In this context; we carry out projects supported by European Union. Last year we applied a project called ‘Solar Energy and Energy Efficiency’ with Kyoto Club in Rome,Italy.
Also we applied some local projects about education and environment in İzmir.This year our current project is CO SEED. It is coordinated by WWF. It is mainly about Environmental Impact Assesment (EIA) procedures about nature and environment. As an association in this project we’re responsible for North Aegean Region.
You can get detailed information from our internet site www.karbilder.org
The foundation’s basic interests and focus areas can be listed as follows:
- Environment and Clean Energy Systems: sustainable development, biodiversity conservation, cyclical and green economy, renewable energy and energy efficiency systems, fight against climate change, resource efficient and low carbon economy
- Science and Society: eco-innovations, environmental technologies, recycling technologies, science for the community and society,
- Public health: integration of disability, elderly care, family control,
- Justice, freedom and security: the integration of disadvantaged groups into the workforce, immigrants especially Syrian immigrants , women’s rights, gender issues and equality.
- Education, ethics, culture: lifelong learning, development of codes of professional ethics, protection of oral / written / material cultural assets, good management, registration etc., tourism and sports,art
In this context we’re searching for project leaders and organizations which we can maintain projects together. Our aim is to find partnerships with partner organizations that will combine our strengths with cooperation. Thus, we can use our capacity of project management and writing with partners.
Founding President of KARBİLDER